Thursday 22 September 2011

The mandatory Hello World Post

As Everyone in the IT world knows, "Hello World" is the mandatory first.


"Hello World"


So what's this about? Well, I'm an IT techie  (14 years in break/fix, from personal desktops to server) and five weeks ago I decided to change my career...I had a dickwad come through my doors in the IT department and I decided I didn't care about his phone. Or anyone elses. Or anyone elses pc. I just wanted to help people instead. I also put in a complaint about him for being physically and verbally abusive.

Then I called the local college and found out if there were still places open. They told me they had one place on the distance learning program. Distance learning is an hour and a half drive.

I asked the boss if he was acting against the Dickwad. They were checking if they 'could'. He was part of the company I worked for. ...If someone is verbally or physically abusive, I expect to be backed by the company I worked for. It took me the rest of thursday and friday to get all the paperwork in.

Monday I asked the boss again if they were acting. He said they were checking. I handed him a paper and he asked if it was a personal grievance. It was my resignation.

I don't yet know how i'm going to pay for this, I suspect a combination saving, scrimping, finding a part time job and bank of dad. Or student loan, depending on what I can get. Sadly as a landed immigrant I had to do a paper application and it is taking more time than usual.

I worked my entire two work notice, and my colleagues were...less than happy with me.

I had two days between work and starting college. I have now done two weeks. I've just finished my prereq's for the nursing program (ie: more shots than I dreamed I was missing, a mantoux test which is showing postive - I had a BCG, not a surprise, had the chest x-ray already - and a crim record check which was stressing me out as well as a First aid-hcp course. The crim record check wasn't stressing me out for what could be on it, I'm clean, but for the fact I couldn't control it.

I've got one course with Distance Uni, and six with the local college. Three are nursing, then there is one bio, one english and one com. I love the nursing stuff. I hate the faffing around on the com and the english and Health and Wellness.....its..not my favorite course.

So that's me in a nutshell. Hello world!

No comments:

Post a Comment